Development & Transportation
A prosperous region must be able to move people and freight efficiently with a transportation system that conserves open space, respects air quality, and encourages land-use decision that are consistent with vibrant healthy communities. A region that is serious about broad access to economic opportunity should provide quality housing near job centers for workers of all income levels. A core principle of Metropolis Strategies is that good transportation infrastructure and rational, well-planned regional development are essential to the long-term health and prosperity of the region.
- » CM 2020 staff scheduled to testify before hearings on State Capital Program
- » CM 2020 Encourages Comprehensive Approach to Capital Investment
- » 2009 Pending Legislation regarding a State Capital Program
- HB 2359. THE TRANSPORTATION INVESTMENT ACCOUNTABILITY ACT.
- HB 1.
- Case for the Gas Tax
- » 2007 CM2020 Work on State Capital Program
- » Jim LaBelle, Vice President of CM 2020 appears on Chicago Public Radio's Worldview news magazine to discuss EJ&E purchase
- » CM2020 analyzes benefits of E&JE purchase by Canadian National
- » The Metropolis Freight Plan: Delivering the Goods
- » Study Shows High Economic Return for our Region's Economy from Investing in Transit. (2007)
- » Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Reform and Funding
- » Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)